I’ve written many successful small and medium-sized grants over the years as a program manager at Mt Hood Community College in Gresham, Or. These included small $5,000 grants to obtain scholarship funds for undocumented women in college and proposals to engage students as Americorps members. My largest grant award was from the Meyer Memorial Trust, a 3-year $100K “demonstration” project to help low-income women and women of color gain entrance to competitive family-wage healthcare training programs. This grant included a contract with a external program evaluation consultant and successfully moved more than 75 women prepared to succeed into college programs.
Since retiring my focus shifted to other projects and adventures! In 2023, however, I’m launching my own grant writing and grant training service to support the work of non-profit organizations in Oregon. I’m starting to build that practice by offering sliding scale services of $20-$50 per hour for proposal and grant writing services. I’m open to helping with any kind of proposals but have particular interest in proposals related to LGBTQ, Women’s, BIPOC and environmental projects. I have most experience with private foundations but I am happy to explore public funding as well.
- free 1-2 hour consultation in person or by phone to discuss a project before developing a service plan
- brainstorm program design ideas
- search for possible funders, including contact with potential funders
- draft grant or other proposals in collaboration with agency staff
- edit and submit grant proposals
- assist with post-grant program evaluation and report writing
- grant training for agency staff or volunteers
- other duties as agreed!
Contact: Cynthia Dettman; email@example.com; 503 754 0972